Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review of Obsessed by Rachel Kramer Bussel and Others

Obsessed
Edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel
Cleis Press
August 2011

From Goodreads:


Obsessed is not about obsession for a new purse or a new car. Instead, these stories sizzle with the kind of obsession that is fueled by our deepest desires, the ones that hold couples together, the ones that haunt us and don’t let go. Whether just-blooming passions, rekindled sparks, or reinvented relationships, these lovers put the object of their obsession first. From the almost-divorced couple in “Aftershocks,” by Bella Andre, who finally confess their deepest desires during an earthquake, to a woman who confesses to her boyfriend just how much she lusts after another man in Emerald's "Then," these lovers push the boundaries of their relationship and the boundaries of their trust in each other. Obsessed lovers don’t always do what is rational; sometimes they chase their dreams, such as in Kayla Perrin’s “One Night in Paris,” across the world and across the landscape of their lovers’ bodies


My Thoughts:


I loved this collection! It was exactly what I wanted. Every story was captivating and seductive, focusing on the single-mindedness that makes obsession the perfect theme for erotica.


By far, my favorite story in this collection was Silent Treatment by Donna George Storey. I found myself being careful not to make a  single noise as I read it, and the tension that she built was incredible.


With names like Kayla Perrin, Portia Da Costa, and Katrina Wright this collection was just brimming with excellent reads! I give it a 5/5 rating.


I was provided a copy of this book for free by the editor in exchange for an unbiased review. This in no way influenced my opinion. All thoughts here are my own.

No comments: