Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sexy Saturday Read: Gotta Have It

I was recently provided with a copy of Gotta Have It by Babeland.com for review. Shop Babeland for all your naughty needs :)

Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex
Edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel
Published by Cleis Press


Rachel Kramer Bussel has collected a wide and wild variety of original erotica stories that are deliciously short - just one orgasmic bite at a time. in 1.200 words or less, these authors explore every which way you can "get it on," including threesomes, sex toys, public sex, BDSM, fetishes, and much more. Get "Anal-yzed," learn "The Advantage of Working from Home," and spy some risque "Vacation Pictures." There are pecan rolls dripping in caramel and meals where lovers feast on nothing but each other. from crossword puzzles to Godzilla, these tales are perfect for reading aloud before you live out your own frisky fantasy. for those who like their sex quick and naughty, Gotta Have It has a host of erotic offerings to get you going.
- Synopsis from Goodreads

I have to say that I was disappointed in this collection. There was a lot of good writing, and a plenty of good sex, but I assumed from both the description and the cover art that this was actually "69 Stories of Sudden Sex", and that is not what it was.

There was some well written erotic prose, and a few stories of fetish and fantasy that never reached completion or release. There were stories that told of past events, rather than showing us a hot exchange in the present. But there were many of the 69 stories that were not stories of sex.

There was one story that clearly depicted a rape scene (Jarrett by Shane Allison) and I was very disappointed that it made it into this book. I read and re-read hoping I missed the part where the recipient was a willing participant but I never found it. This is one point I would love for someone to tell me I'm wrong about, if you've read it and determined something different than I did.

There were a few bright spots in the collection. My Top Three picks were: 

Hors d'Oeuvre, by Stan Kent
Not on the Mouth, by Cole Riley
and Over His Shoulder by Maximilian Lagos

There were a few more good ones, but the bad ones were overwhelming, and too many of the stories weren't  what I would call sex stories.

All in all? I was disappointed. 2.5 out of 5 stars from me.


This product was provided to me free of charge from babeland.com in exchange for an unbiased review. this had no influence on my opinions. I received no other compensation for this review.

1 comment:

lonewolf said...

Yeah I thought Jarrett was a rape scene and it had caused me to pause before I had to reread it to make sure. That Godzilla one was another one that threw me.