Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Friday, August 12, 2011

I have nothing important to say.


The title is the warning. I have nothing witty to write about, no big news to share or events to launch. I simply feel like blogging and so I'm going to. Feel free to stop reading. :)

So I've been doing a lot of scheduling and prioritizing this past week. My days at work are built around a checklist. I actually have a "schedule" for working on jewelry and crochet projects right now that demands I put at least ten hours a week into my side business. 

We've cut the trivia gig down to once a month, which will probably be a good thing. I'm not going to pretend that I don't miss it though. My group of friends, myself included, are just so busy these days and we don't hang out like we used to. Hopefully soon schedules will start to let up so we can do stuff again, but who knows. People are planning weddings, and making other big life changes so maybe this is just a change I'm going to have to get used to.

Growing up sucks. I don't like cutting out fun things to make time for serious things. I love spending time with my boyfriend but I hate that we are both so busy there doesn't seem to be unscheduled time anymore. We've essentially got one night a week now that we can just hang out without doing anything, (and only because it's now part of the "schedule") but the rest of our days and evenings are accounted for. Even when we're together there is always something to be done.

I'm really ready for a vacation. Granted, it's going to be a stay-cation because I'm broke, but maybe I can at least have a few days with J that we don't have stuff that has to be done.

I'm ready for 5:00 to get here so I can get the things on my checklist done and go to bed early! I'm exhausted!

No comments: