Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Tit Sweat is Imminent


It's another Friday off for me! The reason I took the day off kinda fell through so I'm spending all day in the house reading. I finished The Help this morning, it's awesome! It's hotter than hell outside so the whole "Tit sweat is imminent" forecast applies today here. I'm trying to stay cool inside with my books.

If you missed SaucyB's guest post on Bad Girl Bloggers this week you simply must go check it out. She is freakin' hilarious! 

I have legitimate date plans with J tonight. We haven't been out to a restaurant in a while. It's either been home-cooked or take-out. So I'm going to get all cleaned up and spiffed up in a little while to go out for steaks. I'm pretty excited about it. 

BWS tips button
It's been a roller-coaster of a month and I'm pretty sure the ride isn't over. I'm trying to pull my shit together at work because there is nothing I would like more at this point than to find a new job, but that means putting D's chaotic organizational system into a format that would be suitable to hand over to someone else if I left.

Part-time job is now a part-time hobby with means I'm relying on jewelry sales to supplement my pitiful income until I do find a new job with better pay and that is stressing me out a little. (Ok, a lot, but I'm trying to be positive.)

My old best friend got married a few weeks ago, and while I want to be all, 'Oh I don't care that we aren't in each other's lives anymore" I was really sad to see pictures that one of my college friends took. 

I saw my college friends this past weekend and I was reminded of how incredibly much I missed them. I'd give anything to have them closer to me.

I want so badly to finish fixing up my apartment the way I want it so that I can have a "come see my new place" shin-dig, but without money it just isn't where I want it be yet.

Ok- I'm done with my whining. Now I'm going to go back to my Stephen King novel :) Ya'll have a good weekend!

7 comments:

lonewolf said...

Stopping through with the Bad Girl Follow and wishing you a Happy Friday.

That heat thing applies here too, I had to wear a light shirt just to get air flow to my ladies in the shirt.

Anyway, again, Happy Friday from Lydia @ Sensual Ride

http://sensualride.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-memes.html

Heather said...

Okay, what Stephen King book has got your attention? I haven't read any of his stuff in a long time. I hope you have a great Friday D and an even better weekend.

Mad Mind said...

I so wish I was going on a date. It's been so long I'm not sure I'd know what to do. I'm jealous! LOL!

And what King book are you reading? I love him.

Dazee Dreamer said...

yummy going out for a steak. I'm jealous

The Bipolar Diva said...

enjoy your evening! I'm going for steaks too! yummy...

Babes Mami said...

where did you two go? We want to come over for a 'see my place shin dig!'. Hopefully everything will get it together so you can get some kind of break soon.

Singedwingangel said...

I wish I could throw you a welcome to my new place Shin Dig.. wait ya'll had a date?? A real Date?? I want one..