Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Babeland Body Essentials Kit * Review *

I love a good massage so I was excited when Babeland agreed to let me review their Body Essentials Kit. I am one of those people who seem to stay sore, and lucky for me my man doesn't mind giving me a good rub down. This kit has so much good stuff in it, it took a couple of massages to test it all out, but you know I'm not complaining about that ;)

The Body Essentials Kit comes with Massage Oil, Spray Massage Oil, Lickable Oil, Flavored Lubricant, a massage candle, and a massage bar. The product that I reviewed was the Orange Scent or the "Romance" Kit. It consisted of Orange Blossom and Citron Fig scented products, and Chocolate Orange flavored items. I actually enjoyed the Citrus Scent. It was relaxing. 

I had to force myself to focus on the product and not fall asleep during my wonderful treatment ;) but the oil was not greasy. It seemed to absorb easily into the skin and I didn't feel like I had a difficult time in the shower. I've known massage oils that are so filmy you feel as though you can't scrub them off.

The massage candle was great. J even agreed that it wasn't greasy at all. I love a good massage candle. I prefer the heat to the cool oil. So I was very pleased with that product.

The Spray Massage Oil apparently had an additional ingredient because J noticed right away that my skin reacted to it even though I hadn't reacted to anything else. It was just some initial redness and splotching though, nothing major so I wouldn't panic. I have developed a few allergies this past year so I'm sure it was just me.

During our second session we tried the Massage Bar. I really liked the Massage Bar. I'd never tried anything like this before. It was wrapped in wax paper and then foil. J kept asking if it was warming, but I think it just absorbed the warmth of your skin as it sort of melted into it. I really liked the consistency of the bar. After the massage the oils weren't too bad and when I washed my hands it came right off with no problems. J didn't have any complaints. He liked the bar too.

The Flavored Lubricant. We don't use much lubricant, but we tasted it to see how it was. It was a very light subtle flavor. It kinda tasted like one of those orange cream truffles that come in those sampler boxes. I used a little lubricant to see how long it took to absorb with friction and it seemed to last a while, so that is good for those using it for lubricant. I like that the taste was subtle. If I want sweet candy, I'll eat candy, right?

Then there was the Lickable Oil. The lickable oil had the same consistency of the massage oil. It worked well and absorbed easily. The aroma also made me think of an orange chocolate truffle, but there was also something that made us think of hazelnut coffee. The flavor of the oil is where I originally made the orange truffle connection. The taste wasn't overwhelming but it was a little stronger than the lubricant.

I was very pleased with the over all product, and it is perfect for that couple who wants to venture into sensual massages but you don't really know your product preference yet. This little kit is only $24.00 and there is enough of each product to try them all out before spending too much money on something you may not be interested in.

This kit comes in four varieties, Pink (love) which is described as a warm, rich fragrance, Orange (Romance) which has the citrus fragrances listed above, Blue (Pleasure) which claims to be refreshing and light, and Yellow (Delight) which is said to have floral notes.

So go to Babeland.com to get your own! 

4 comments:

singedwingangel said...

oOoo I love getting and giving backrubs. Like you I tend to doze off if they are really good ones lol. I will have to check this out.

Miss C said...

That sounds very interesting! I might have to check this kit out.

CinfulCinnamon said...

I can't believe I haven't signed on to follow you until today...LOL I've had your button on my blog for frickin months. Please forgive me. Or don't and flog the hell out of me....your choice.

I can never get hubby to finish the massage. He gets sidetracked too easy. MEN !

The Twisted HW said...

Very interesting looking kit. Looks like it'd be fun to try out