Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

It was a rough day!

So yesterday was Wet and Wicked Wednesday over at BGB. I scheduled the post on Tuesday, thinking I'd write mine here and link it up yesterday.

Then of course yesterday came in all it's hellacious glory. Without all of the details (that would be boring for you and somewhat humiliating for me) I essentially walked around broken yesterday. I'm not sure what time the crying started. I'm not even sure what was the first thing that happened. All I know is that I was a mess. I walked around my office with seriously red eyes and I had to keep brushing away the kind-hearted "are you oks" because even if I'd wanted to talk about it, I just couldn't. I really still can't get through it all without having a minor meltdown. The funny/not so funny ending of my day was me standing on the sofa in tears as my cat chased a mouse around the living room. I called my boyfriend in tears because I want to move so badly and then I locked myself in my room to cry myself to sleep.

Anyway, there were about five moments of complete peace yesterday evening though. I love summer storms. There is nothing like a down pour of rain when it is hot outside. I had to leave a meeting at the church in the rain last night, and so I slipped off my shoes to get to my car. It wasn't intentional really, they were just slick shoes and I didn't want to fall, but the minute my bare feet hit the hot wet pavement I smiled. When I was in high school and hanging out with my church youth group all the time I used to love to play in the rain barefoot. I did it all the time. We would dance and just be silly while we let ourselves get absolutely soaked. I didn't have a care in the world back then (though I'm sure I didn't realize that at the time, lol) and things were just easy. All of that emotion and happiness came flooding back in memories and I walked, not ran, to my car. I held my head up and let the water hit my face and made sure to step in every puddle there was. I did refrain from dancing and acting a fool, though I'm sure someone saw the barefoot girl in a sundress walking around in the rain and thought I was foolish.


It was kinda like for a few minutes I knew that everything was going to be ok. It was a God moment for me. I know I don't talk about religion very much, though I hope it's always been clear that God is a big part of my life ( Hello, Choir Loft?) :)

Anyway. There were some great link-ups for Wicked Wednesday, if you didn't check them out you should. I linked up an erotic story from last year since I didn't get around to anything yesterday.

Don't forget the giveaway at BGB!

2 comments:

Babes Mami said...

that storm seemed to come out of nowhere! It was a little rough over here but the plants were happy.

CinfulCinnamon said...

Don't know where you are, but we got it too (although in the evening) It was much needed, and maybe you, like all the plants, just needed a little liquid sunshine for your heart.