Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Makeup Monday with Steph!

Makeup Monday
Hey everyone! I am Stephanie aka Babes Rockin Mami, if you want my whole life story read my blog and if you want to know more about me then read HERE. Dscandal asked me if I would like to guest post and I said YES! Of course, and I love to share makeup tips so I am guest posting my Makeup Monday. I decided to go with a purply smokey eye, the shadow I used has a slight duo crome with some blue so it looks really unique.
PRODUCTS USED
ON FACE:
Cover Girl Clean Makup in #520
Cover Girl professional loose powder #110
concealor, hard candy, not sure of the name it's a line sample
elf eyebrow kit
Hard Candy blush crush baked blush #127 Honeymoon used as a highlight
mark Glowdacious (bronzer) in Shimmied Up
mark blush in Urban Glow
ON EYES
mark imark in Plum Velvet
Wet n Wild the purple & white in the I'm Retro palette
generice black pencil liner
L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black
Hard Candy Ginormous Lash volumizing mascara in Carbon Black
ON LIPS
mark Glow Baby Glow in Bubbles
a smidge of the purple in the I'm Retro palette
Start with your prepped face. Foundation, concealor, powder, bronzer, blush, highlight and whatever else you use.
I used the imark plum velvet as a base color for the smokey eye
Next I took a damp brush and applied the purple from the I'm Retro all over your lid and blend it out, blend, blend and blend! As long as you keep blending it will look better, that makes it smoky! Any fall out or stray color can be cleaned up later.
The finishing steps are to add the white of the I'm Retro under your brow and in the inner corner of the eye, line your water line with the black pencil and add several coats of mascara. I like to layer mascaras which is why I have two listed. I also smudged some of the purple under my eye as well. Put on your lip gloss and you are good to go!
My hair had just been washed so it was up. Wasn't that easy! Check back on my blog every monday for new makeup & beauty stuff!

7 comments:

Boobies said...

I'm doing lots of purple this Spring...LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

You killed it--as you always do, Babyface!

The Random Blogette said...

I LOVE purple eyeshadow! I am definitely rocking the purple a lot this spring. Actually today too!

Babes Mami said...

@Boobies ~ love hearing babyface, I'm starting to wrinkle, for real I will send you a picture.

@Jayme ~ This purple is amazing because it has that little bit of blue duo chrome. If you get your brush damp it really pops the blue, LOVE it!

CinfulCinnamon said...

What a great combination. I love it too !!!

Babes Mami said...

thank you cinful!

Ranae Rose said...

Nice! It really brings out your eyes.

Cluttered Brain said...

I love that purple...Wow. I'm gonna have to try that this season!
It's a great look!