Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I've got a drinking problem...

So here's the thing. I gave up sweet beverages for Lent. I tend to drink my weight in sweet tea and diet coke. So for Lent I limited myself to black coffee, water, and red wine. (What? You thought I'd give up alcohol? It was good enough for Jesus!) So since last Tuesday I haven't had any tea or coke or lemonade. I tell you... water can get a little boring.

I'm coming to have some real issues with people though, I mean, I'm a little cranky without my sweet tea. My first issue is this, they don't want to give me a large ice water at the drive through! I was running errands yesterday at lunch and went through the golden arches for goodness is a paper bag. When they asked what to drink I said a large ice water. I mean, even if it's just water, I'm a thirsty girl. The guy tells me they don't have a large ice water. They have bottled water, and small ice waters. WTF? That is ridiculous! Like people who drink water don't drink as large quantities or something? So what did I do? I was a smart ass and ordered two small ice waters. Seems stupid though, they just wasted an extra cup.

My second beverage issue has nothing to do with water though. Am I the only one who thinks it's a little crazy how much they charge for drinks at restaurants? So, if I order a tea or soda with a meal, I basically always get a to-go drink. I mean, I paid what? $2 for the drink? So I get a to-go cup.

Now, the natural flow of this is the last time they come by to check on us when we're leaving. They usually ask, "Can I get you some more tea/coke/water?" To which I reply, "Actually can I get one to-go?" Most places bring back a fresh drink in a to-go cup. More and more often though, I've been to places that just bring me the cup, lid, and straw. Even if my glass is less than half full. That just makes me mad. I worked as a waitress in school and I'd have never gotten away with something like that, it's just bad service!

So I transfer the little bit I have left and leave the cup at the edge of the table so that they can refill it before I leave. I've gotten ugly looks for it but I think it's crazy that someone who has been trained to provide service doesn't realize why that would piss me off a little.

Ok, done ranting about beverages. I'm really glad I didn't give up red wine. I will be having it tonight :) Now for your enjoyment, a little Rehab.

4 comments:

Babes Mami said...

I have such a pet peeve about refills and to go cups! People think it's okay to be rude! We try to stay away from soda but we drink Crystal Light instead of plain water. We stopped having cases in the house like...6 or 7 months ago. I was up to 4-5 12packs every two weeks it was time to change and oh man was it hard!

Lady Estrogen said...

I am totally a fizzy drink addict!
I hate water. I try to drink it as much as I can but usually have to add one of those little flavor pouches to it.

PBJdreamer said...

great video

good luck on your quest



that ia all

singedwingangel said...

I am a coffee freak.. period.. don't take my coffee.