Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm Back & My New Anthem

So I'm sort of unofficially back! Monday is and MWM but as of Tuesday it will be all me! It looks like you guys really got into some of these guest posts! I'm gonna have to read through the comments and see what's been going on! So I'll spend the weekend reading and catching up. I have stories to tell and reviews to write so prepare yourself! ;)

Some of you may not like country music, and some of you have never lived in the south to understand what some people can be like around here. "Judgmental" seems to be in the water some people are drinking. Anyway, I've stumbled across my new anthem :) I thought I'd share it with you.



I ain't the kind you take home to mama
I ain't the kind to wear no ring
Somehow I always get stronger
When I'm on my second drink

Even though I hate to admit it
Sometimes I smoke cigarettes
Christian folks say I should quit it
I just smile and say 'God Bless'

'Cause I head Jesus, he drank wine
I bet we'd get along just fine
He could calm the storm and heal the blind
And I bet he'd understand a heart like mine

Daddy cried when he saw my tattoo
Said he loved me anyway
My brother got the brains of the family
So I thought I'd learn to sing

'Cause I head Jesus, he drank wine
And I bet we'd get along just fine
He could calm the storm and heal the blind
And I bet he'd understand a heart like mine

I'll fly away from it all one day
I'll fly away

These are the days that I will remember
when my name's called on a roll
They'll meet with with two long stem glasses
make a toast to me coming home

'Cause I head Jesus, he drank wine
And I bet we'd get along just fine
He could calm the storm and heal the blind
And I bet he'd understand,
understand a heart like mine, oh yes he would

*Except... I'll probably wear a ring ;)*

3 comments:

singedwingangel said...

I live in the south myself and know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I hear it from my mother all the time. I love Miranda Lambert

Daffy said...

Can't wait to listen to this. Have to go find some earbuds. Got the little Duck snoozin in bed right next to me :o) I believe I'll take the time to look around now while I have it though. I'll be back to this post in a bit ;O)

The Invisible Seductress said...

Hugs!!