Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

But I don't want to pee all over him!

So I was on the phone with my sister the other night while J-man was at the house, he was on my computer perusing edenfatasys and weighing in on my gift card purchase (it's settled by the way and I'm holding out for the Liberator Wedge/ramp combo).

Anyway, so I was on the phone with my sister and she says, "Oh, tell J I said hey! I have a bone to pick with you guys though." I waited for her to continue. "You know that this is not official until it is facebook official." I was dying laughing. My sister embraces facebook completely and while she was kidding, she was serious. I gave my generic responses. "I don't do that kind of thing on facebook. Everyone who matters knows that I'm in a relationship." She laughed and said, "But don't you want your pages to be connected? Then it's like you've both marked your territory. Like you peed all over each others' pages."


Of course that met with a lot of laughter from all three of us. The conversation was bassically over and J just lifted a hand and says, "I'm just happy you took the single status off." That struck me. I assumed that most guys thought the whole facebook relationship thing was as silly as I did. Because he never disagreed with me, I assumed he agreed. That comment made me think though, maybe he wanted me to tell the world that he was mine? Maybe he wants to tell the world that I'm his?

As previously mentioned we were looking at sex toys so when I got off the phone things took a quick turn and we were done with that conversation. I think it's a conversation worth having though. If it's something he wants to do, I'll do it. After all, we are in a relationship and if he wants everyone to know I'm ok with that. I guess I was just stuck in my own head about the way people got on my nerves with changing their relationship status it didn't occur to me that he might actually want to.

So for my facebookers out there, what do you think about people changing their relationship status on facebook? I know people who change it every time they go out on a date or have a fight. That drives me crazy. Of course people who announce their engagement on facebook are smart. Afterall, that's an effective way to let people know without spending days on the phone right? Haha. I've got friends who change their status to In a Relationship, but don't link profiles. That works too, I think. Less of the 'I'm peeing on your page' effect. :)

9 comments:

EnVii said...

mine just says married .. to avoid the stalkers and drama we share a pg[ well more like i own it but he has access to it] He doesnt want a facebook or anything else that has to do with the internet .. but i do know some random ppl who change their status every 5 minutes and its irritating

singedwingangel said...

Hubby and I have ours linked to each other and I have my kids linked to me as well.. I think it is each person's choice but I do think if you have it listed a lot of people will not make moves they would have made otherwise.

Lady Estrogen said...

Funny. Mine is pissed all over! lol.

Mrs. Drama Queen said...

I was hurt that my husband never made it known he was engaged on his facebook. I felt as if he was ashamed. I forced him to change it when he got married. Mainly because his facebook is littered with ex-gfs!

Diva said...

I disconnected ours.

Sissy Crissy said...

It's important to me as well. I's nice J found a balance and didn't nag you about it, but his comment shows it matters to him more than you realized.

Lady In Black said...

I don't know...because of the career field I work in, I just tend to keep that sort of info (my relationship status, son's name, etc, town I reside in) OFF my facebook because I would rather not have drama in case someone I have dealt with in a...not so nice capacity...at work ever gets access to my page despite it being private.

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Im divorced now, but I just blocked my status from view... Yeah. That pissing stuff is not for me. If and when I ever get into another serious relationship i will think about it...Im content with being the mystery for a while. Plus im to lazy to change that stuff constantly.

Side note that is way to close to claiming ownership and I belong to no one, but myself