Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bondage Tape by Babeland

I recieved Bondage Tape by Babeland for review. As a bondage newbie I thought the Bondage tape would make a great starter toy/tool. This PVC tape is a shiny black and comes in a 60 foot roll. It is non-sticky and will not stick to your skin. It also doesn't pinch or grab hair. I first tried the tape for some sexy skin tight costumes and I have to tell you, it looks hot! The tape sticks to itself so until I intentionally unwrapped myself it stayed put very well.

I must say though, the product description boasts that the tape can be smoothed out and re-rolled for repeat uses. While it does seem that if you wanted to take time to tediously smooth the tape back out and carefully re-roll it you might get two uses from it. But unless you used a small amount, say for a simple blindfold, I wouldn't bank on having the time or patience to fool with it though. Luckily at $17 for a 60 foot roll I don't see where it is truly necessary to try and re-use the material.

We used the tape for restraints, too. It was effective once we figured out the best way to bind my wrists. While the tape is fairly strong, single and even double layers aren't quite strong enough. I was able to pull at the tape and it broke. When we simply bound my wrists around a plank in the headboard though it was very strong and pulling against the tape wasn't nearly enough to release it's hold.

The tape did irritate my skin. Now I will admit I was tugging and pulling to test the strength so that could have attributed to some of the redness. It wasn't an allergic reaction, but the friction, likely combined with the lack of air flow caused some redness and itching where the tape had been.****Update: I've recently discovered I have a latex allergy. This was a PVC tape, but I am guessing that was the cause of the irritation.****

We played with it a good bit and there is still at least half a roll of tape left. It's a fun bedroom accessory. We enjoyed using it, and with plenty left I'm sure we'll continue to use it. I did love the look of my breasts bound in shiny black bondage tape! :-P

Thanks to Babeland.com for allowing me to try this out!

I recieved this product free of charge in return for an unbiased review. I recieved no other compensation for this review and all opinions are my own.


2 comments:

Red Shoes said...

I'm thinking that THAT kind of testing should require photo evidence... just sayin'... ;o)

Happy Sexy New Year to you!!

~shoes~

Brandi said...

What a freakin amazing invention! Something that I will surley have to check out!

I think this is the first time I have commented on your blog, but I have been a stalker for a while and I love the stories :)