Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tantric Massage Candle from Vibrator.com

My friends at Vibrator.com sent me the Tantric Lickable Natural Soy Massage Candle for review. Since I started reviewing sex toys I've wanted to try out other sexual aides, specifically lotions, creams, and candles. I've been wanting to try out one of these massage candles for a while. The company has plenty of incense and candles, but many aren't considered edible. My personal opinion is that you should want an all natural candle for sexy massages. I mean if you're anything like me, licking and tasting is just good foreplay.

This Tantric Candle is manufactured by California Exotics and comes in a circular tin as you can see. It is a 6 oz. candle that sells for $23.00 on Vibrator.com.

Have you ever had a candle or lotion that smelled so good you just wanted to eat it? That was exactly where I was when I first opened my Tasty Strawberry scented Tantric candle. I did love the smell. I could have burned this candle for the scent alone and been pleased.

I would have liked to try this out with the man before posting this review, but there simply hasn't been a chance yet, so I decided to massage my tired legs with the candle.

The soy wax is supposed to have a low burning point which means that the wax doesn't have to be so hot to be used. I still thought the wax would be hot initially, but it really wasn't bad at all. I used the small plastic spoon that came with the candle because I thought it may need to cool, but by the time I was done I was pouring the wax directly on my skin. The warmth was just that, warm. It wasn't like pouring hot wax on my skin (which I've done by accident before).

The oil definitely allowed me to massage my legs with plenty of smooth motion, but it didn't leave a greasy residue. It was a lot like using a lotion, only thinner and warm. It was actually very nice. I'm looking forward to a chance to have J-man use this with me.

I used some on my arm to taste. Obviously I massaged it into my skin first, and the taste would be almost like having a flavored chap stick. It isn't an overpowering taste, but it's enough to keep it from just tasting like wax.

I was very pleased with this product. I've loved the idea since I first heard of these massage candles. I was hesitant, thinking there might be a greasy film left behind or the taste would counteract the foreplay of a massage. After all, I wouldn't want to get all worked up by a sexy massage and then not be able to kiss or lick my man's skin without some odd taste.

Like any candle you are going to get maximum use if you allow it to burn evenly all the way across the top before extinguishing it. So I allowed it to burn until it was liquefied evenly and it took about an hour. So I would suggest lighting it well ahead of time. I'm sure that will vary (depending on the conditions in your house and how the ventilation is, etc, etc) but that gives you an idea. From the amount of oil I used to massage just my legs, I'm guessing that giving J-man a full back rub would use maybe 1/5 to 1/4 of the candle.

So, the scent is wonderful, and the taste is not overpowering, or chalky or bitter (like some flavored products). The texture is good, not greasy, and the price is very reasonable. I was pleased all the way around with this product and I would definitely recommend it.

I was provided this product free of charge in exchange for an unbiased review. No other compensation was received for this review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments: