Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Eve and a Shift in the Universe

One Crazy Brunette Chick


Ok, so here's the thing. I could tell you about my best New Year's Eve. It was great, I spent it in Times Square with a couple of really awesome girls, and there was no alcohol. (I know, crazy right?!) I'd rather tell you about last year though. You see, last year all of the laws of the universe shifted for an evening and our social circle as we knew it would never be the same :)

So, for most of 2009 I was wasted. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration but to say that it was at least a weekly occurrence would be accurate and at times it was more often than that. Sometime in October my friends started to worry and perhaps they were right to. (I was crying outside of a local bar and college girls were hugging me... yeah, they were right to be worried) So come New Years I was riding in the booze mobile with everyone else and one of the girls was our DD. Now here's the kicker, my girl J, and my other friend A were usually the ones taking care of my drunk ass but they'd previously determined that they were going to get drunk that night since they actually had a DD.

Somewhere around 11:00 PM I realized I was sober. It was strange and unusual. I'd been dancing all night, and I guess I'd forgotten to drink. Here's the thing, J and A were dancing with me. They were plastered. A took of her shoes and started making out with this guy on the dance floor and J ended up at the bar making out with a drug dealer!! Other friends came and got drunk and suddenly there were too many cars. So here it is, wait for it....

I was a DD. *gasp* Me! The DD! I switched to only water and I was driving the drunks to Waffle House at 3:00 AM while J slept it off in the car and A got felt up by the guy she would spend the next four months 'dating'.

To say that the landscape of our social circle is drastically different this year than it was last year would be an understatement. But it's been a fun year nonetheless. Hop on over the BGB and link-up your New Year's story!

So that's my story of the night the universe shifted for me :)

No comments: