Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bad Girl Christmas!



My Favorite Christmas Traditions:

5. Christmas Breakfast. We're all finally old enough to practice some self-control with the presents and we sit down to a nice warm breakfast before opening presents on Christmas morning. I love this time with my family because I know it's a short period between when we were kids, and when one of us will start having kids.

4. Chinese Gift Swap. (Or the Yankee Gift Swap or whatever else people call it!) I love this game, it's always fun. Granted I don't always get the greatest gift. But when I'm playing with family we usually tag team to try for the gifts we want :)

3. Christmas After Party! This is something I started last year that has obviously become a standing tradition because I was essentially told we'd be doing it again! The night of Christmas after all the meals and gatherings, my 'generation' on my dad's side comes back to my house for drinks, music, and crazy story swaps. We had so much fun last year, and I can't wait for this year!

2. Seeing Out of Town Relatives. I don't have tons and tons of crazy relatives like some do. (I think maybe I'm the crazy relative?) So I do love it when I get to see all those family members that I don't get to see the rest of the year. One of my favorite aunts lives in Georgia and I love catching up with her and my uncle especially. I have a cousin in the Air Force who I really only see at Christmastime. I enjoy that immensely.

1. Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. I know that I can be a little irreverent on here sometimes, but my relationship with God is important to me. The candlelight Christmas Eve service is by far one of my favorite parts of the holiday. Hearing the Christmas Story, lighting the candles, singing the traditional Christmas hymns, it is all so beautiful, and I don't feel like my Christmas is complete without it.

4 comments:

EnVii said...

LOVE your list !!!

Wally J said...

Very cool. I like the after Christmas party. Sounds fun.

Twisted Fate said...

Yeah I May Be That Crazy Relative Too! lol
Great List! I've Always Heard Of The Gift Swap And Seems Like Fun But It Hasn't Caught On Yet For Mine...I Mention It Every Year And Nothing. Bastards. Ha.

Enjoy Your Holiday!
XxOo!

Lady Estrogen said...

I have to agree with you with the Christmas breakfast - my favorite!

Have a good one!!