Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

No, you don't....

Raise your hand if you've felt the simmering anger evoked by the words...'I know what you mean'.

No. You don't.

Your bank account stays in the triple digits when you're broke. Mine has less than $10 (if it isn't overdrawn).

You have a boyfriend/spouse/significant other. You have regular sex, you have someone to call when you've had a bad day, and when your friend's ditch on you, you have someone to turn to. (commas, grammar, I know tell someone else)

You have a space that you can call yours. I took over my little sister's room in a house I haven't lived in since I was four just so I could afford to eat something other then ramen noodles for the next 2 years.

You think you're fat at 5'5" 150 in your size 8 clothes. (Please God don't let me get started on that one.)

I'm going to stop now, really I am. But why is it that we want to make our problems out to be just as big as the person next to us? Why can't people just accept sometimes that their problems aren't really problems at all and just be happy about it.

So anyway bitch, the proper response would've been: That sucks. or I hate that for you.

NOT: I know what you mean.