Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Queen of the karaoke machine!

It's been a long weekend of stress, headaches, adult beverages, and too much wedding talk. We'll start with the fun stuff!

Thursday night I had an event. I co-hosted and I had to deal with a few people that I prefer not to deal with even on my best days. Thursday, was far from one of my best days. Lucky for me, it was totally acceptable to drink. So I did. A lot. What can I say, the red wine went down like water. I should have ordered myself a bottle up front, I would've drank less and it would've been cheaper.

So after the event was over and I was thoroughly drunk, we hopped on down to another restaurant and ordered a few more drinks. I think it was my idea at this point to hit up the karaoke bar across the street.

My idea or someone else's, it doesn't matter. It was the best idea ever! I was the perfect blend of tipsy and drunk. I didn't feel sick or have a headache. I was still coherent and I wasn't embarrassing myself, but I had very few inhibitions. I sang all night, a few of the girls checked out but me and my girl J hung in there til 1:30 in the morning :)

So, around 1:00, this guy walks up to me. He's not unattractive. In fact, I think I would've acknowledged him even in the daylight. I was flipping through the directory looking for another tune and he slides up next to me.

"Hey Girl." Now, just to give you an idea, the hey was like, he-ey. Think about that stupid gay cow joke. So I'm kinda giggling, but alcohol will do this to you. I say hey and give him a smile and his immediate response is, "I'm straight."

I laughed. I wanted to be like, 'No shit? Cause I'm really into guys that don't want to screw me, that's too bad!'

I kept my sarcasm in check and talked to him for a few minutes. He told me to pick a song he could sing with me, but before I could his friends were leaving.

More unwanted attention from the online guy who messaged me on the dating site. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to disable the 'like' button on Facebook. I hate looking at my profile and finding that people I don't particularly care for have found a way to plaster a link back to their page all over mine.

I spent the majority of the weekend with a couple of friends from college because one of them is getting married. The other already is, and I was the token single girl. That was a joy, let me tell you. I may post more on that later, I'm still deciding how I feel about some of it. T is dating, I found this out through my superior stalking skills (Actually his little bro being a friend on FB was responsible for that knowledge.) But that has me a little bummed because I think in my mind I really did expect to see him again and maybe get some closure or something. I feel kinda stupid now.

I did a lot of driving this weekend, I spent at least six hours in transit. The college friends are a couple of counties over and I had to come back for a graduation ceremony Saturday morning (worst ceremony ever!). I would normally love my restful Sunday but it's Father's Day in a blended family, so I was running back and forth all day yesterday too.

For now, I'm just glad that this marathon weekend is over. Now into the busy week I go :)

1 comment:

Just A. Girl said...

I liked reading about your superior stalking skills. :)