Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Not pregnancy material...

So at work today I started to get some pressure to talk about my date on Sunday. I've been kinda close-lipped about it while I figured out what I wanted, and then what I actually wanted to share.

So this guy, B we'll call him :), is really shy. At first I wasn't sure I could deal with it. I really like banter and he's just not outspoken enough for that. But he is interested and that goes a long way. He also made an offhanded comment about not being in a hurry to get married, so of course that won him tons of points in my book. He's got nice lips too :) I didn't get to sample Sunday, but I have high hopes!

So anyway, this morning. My co-workers decided that my simple, 'it went well', wasn't enough for them. I gave a few more details. He was really nice, easy to talk to, we had a lot in common. So then they asked if he was marriage material, to which I quickly responded no. They immediately wanted to know what was wrong with him and I had to explain it was more because I wasn't looking to get married than it was something with him.

'So you're not marriage material,' is exactly what my co-worker responded with, and she's right. I'm not. I'm still hung up on T. I'm just not going to live life waiting for the phone to ring. My boss immediately followed up with, "You aren't pregnancy material either, I'm going to need for you to schedule that."

I laughed my ass off, and it was a great reminder why I love this office so much.

I actually heard from B yesterday. He's shy, but he did say that he had fun and wanted to hang out again, so we'll see what happens there. I'm feeling optimistic.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad it went well. I tried to date a shy guy recently. He ended up not liking me cuz I wasn't shy. lol

Sir Thomas said...

*laughs* most times different strokes work... sometimes not..

amanda needs to visit and not be shy

Southern Sage said...

LOL @ Boss, that is funny right there!

The Bipolar Diva said...

Sounds like your boss has a great sense of humor. Glad you had a good time :)