Hi Everyone! Feel free to puruse the archives while you are here, but I hope you will visit me at my new site, Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl and follow me there. I no longer blog here.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Man shopping...

So, in case I haven't mentioned it, I signed up for online dating again. The pool was getting a little stagnant, and my social circle consists of too many couples right now so "friends" aren't presenting themselves.

It's kind of fun. The site I've been using has all kinds of filters you can use for your search. It's like going to Auto Trader to look for a car.

Smokes? Drinks? Religion? Body type? Children?

I do wish they had a "own place for booty call" option. Currently I can't host. There's a multitude of reasons, a few self-imposed, but thus far it hasn't been a problem.

Not that I'm looking for 100% NSA sex, because I need to know someone before I get in bed with them. It's a personal thing. I can have sex without a lot of messy emotion, I just can't do it with strangers.

Anyway, here's the trouble with online dating. You make a profile, upload a sexy picture, and plug in your zip code. All those guys that you are friends with pop up. I've gotten three "matches" that are people I know. One actually messaged me.

Perhaps they think 'online' means desperate. For me though, online simply means I can be 'discerning' (I've chosen to boycott the word picky) without hurting anyone's feelings. These people who know me, that I haven't been interested in before, should realize that this hasn't changed. I will respond to your message as though it is a joke, and hopefully you will get the point. If not, I'm going to have to be blunt and your feelings will be hurt. Hate it.

Anyway, hoping for a few 'interviews' next week ;) Will update!

4 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

Sounds interesting! Waiting for updates :)

The Invisible Seductress said...

Let us know....Always fun!! I just posted a date type post a few days ago from when I was first divorced,,,wasn't pretty!! But, we aren't the only ones going through it. Good Luck!!!

Just A. Girl said...

Ooh, I will have to live vicariously through you with the online dating. Sounds exciting and can't wait to hear how the "interviews" go. :) It's too bad you're getting hits from people you already know. What a small world.

Incidentally, in spite of how my blog may sound, I adore the messy emotion... and all my messy emotion is in a flurry around D. I find it easier to write about my hookups than my heart.

Bunny said...

Let us know how the interviews go!